This is my first post, oh boy. The main purpose of this blog is to allow friends and family an insight into my fabulous life as I absorb Italian culture, during my semester of “studying” aboard. I prefer to use the studying term lightly. Secondly I hope to develop better creative writing skills and improve my terrible proof reading ability.
I flew out with Becky and Mom on a 6:30 flight. Made for a late night and early morning, two and half hours of sleep, oh well.
Mom and Becky continued on to Vancouver, meeting dad along the way. Whitney picked me up at the airport and took me to The Original Pancake House, very filling. Later that evening Whitney took me on a picnic, which involved a spectacular view of Denver and equally pleasing view of the sunset over the mountains. Early Thursday morning we hung out with senior citizens in the Gasternology(sp) waiting area of Kaiser Hospital in Denver a very enlightening experience. Thursday night we meet up with Mike and Julie at La Sandia, a tequila bar in North Stapleton. Whitney enjoy her first taste of Tres Leche, which she thoroughly enjoy. The four of us chowed down on a array of delicious desserts.
I flew out with Becky and Mom on a 6:30 flight. Made for a late night and early morning, two and half hours of sleep, oh well.
Mom and Becky continued on to Vancouver, meeting dad along the way. Whitney picked me up at the airport and took me to The Original Pancake House, very filling. Later that evening Whitney took me on a picnic, which involved a spectacular view of Denver and equally pleasing view of the sunset over the mountains. Early Thursday morning we hung out with senior citizens in the Gasternology(sp) waiting area of Kaiser Hospital in Denver a very enlightening experience. Thursday night we meet up with Mike and Julie at La Sandia, a tequila bar in North Stapleton. Whitney enjoy her first taste of Tres Leche, which she thoroughly enjoy. The four of us chowed down on a array of delicious desserts.
Friday we tested our car racing skills with Sean on high powered go-carts.
I won, end of story.
I won, end of story.
We made a late arrival to Greeley, met Bryce for dinner and then toured his new crib.
Saturday Whitney and I took a walk around campus, visiting the soon to be extinct McCowen dormitories.
It was cute to see all the over dressed freshman walking around trying to find their classes, getting books, and telling their parents good bye. Been there, done that.
Then we enjoyed some free Chipotle with Bryce, thanks Mike. I can now mark that off my list of things to do before I leave for Italy, only twenty more to go.
Whitney and I made a Starbucks run, dating her as clearly effect my formally nonexistent coffee drinking habit.
Then we work on our pizza making abilities, I’m sure how far this will get me in Italy but it was quite delicious.
After a heart wrenching trip the airport I told her goodbye and met Mom, Dad, and Becky since they were on the same flight into Houston.
Signing off for the first time,
-Alex
P.S. This seemed more like a journal entry but it will slowly evolve into a blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment