17 January 2008

Bull and Bike Riding.

So you blog faithful may ask yourself, Where is Alex and what is he doing? Well, I finally have time to answer those ever so important questions. Upon my arrival home, Whitney flew to Houston and surprised me. On New Year's we felt like a snarled tooth Redneck at a Mercedes dealership, out of place. When we attended a good ole' small town bull riding contest.

A few days later I attended a funeral in Tulsa and saw the extensive tree damage left in the wake of a mid-December ice storm. After a two night layover in Kansas at my Grandparents I drove across western Kansas, so exciting. My mom, being the wonderful lady she is, helped move me in and decorate my apartment in Greeley. On Friday I rode for the first time in approximately 12,441,600 seconds or 207,360 minutes or 144 days. But, seriously, who's counting? A glorious ride it was. I had a grin of a overjoyed 7 year old in a candy shop, stretching from ear to ear picking up plenty of road grit along the way.

It's nice to be settled in and I am looking forward to relaxing weekends that are not decided by the train schedule and next day trip. Hopefully with some training I can be competitive in the Collegiate A's (the highest college level) this season, that should make fore some interesting stories. So long for now.

P.S. My lack of updates is attributed to my inability to comprehend why I cannot buy alcohol or don't pay for grocery bags, distracted by the ever presences of unkemptly dressed individuals and the glut number of obese people and, finally, my disguise with the lack of tasty food and having to drive, again.

1 comment:

Dana said...

your post was so good, that I am responding even with a injured hand.