Freshmen Fishman want to keep the two large bowls of salad and ten breadsticks from our lengthy Olive Garden dinner. How do you keep the food fresh without a fridge? The back of David's truck.
Some teams prefer ropes course's, dinners, or even team rides as team building activities, but, here on, the UNC team we prefer tickets. Nothing builds team camaraderie like everyone in your carven getting puller over especially when one of the drivers admits that everyone was speeding and the cop gives you a ticket instead of a warning. We considered offering the officer some greasy but fresh breadsticks. The lights were blinking, I swear.
The UNC's team finishing highlights were mostly made by David, picking up 4th in the crit and 6th in the road race. The rest of us were just pack fill.
Yesterday I tried to remember how to snowboard but fell harder than Bear Stearns stock in the last five days, repeated times. Today I took a short but perfect ride. Low traffic allows ideal circumstances to ride in the middle of rode while trying to capture the stunning scenery.
Tomorrow's ride is going to be a 100+ mile death march to Silverton, the famed Iron Classic route. Hopefully I make it back alive.
No comments:
Post a Comment