17 September 2007

Only in Italy. . . 9.9


. . . can a male still hold dignity when he competes wearing flamboyant tights, throws flags, and enjoys smoke breaks immediately following his performance.


Last Sunday, 9.9, I slept in went for a long run and did a lot of homework for my Italian Language class pretty exciting, huh? The highlight of my day came late in the evening, when I discovered a sport to be added to the 2024 Summer Olympic Games, about the time I'm president. I present to you Sbandieratori:




This combines the speed of hockey, aerials of gymnastics, power of boxing, fashion of cycling and concentration of curling. Sbandieratori is more like male guard with their own drum and bugle core. Different size teams, single, doubles, sextets and teams upwards of 10, compete by performing choreographed moves to the rhythm of their band. All the team members are decked out in renascence attire down to the colorfully patterned tights, I soo was jealous. These are some of the more moderately dressed guys.


Check out their website for more information, I know you are interested.

No comments: