Wednesday I woke up with to class. In typical Alex fashion I've been struggling to pronounce most of Italian words. In my class I tend to add and subtract vowels and constants. Creating a new English word with Italian fare, it's kind of like spanglish but different, I should probably create a name for this new language but yeah. . . . After class I ran some errands and did some grocery shopping, I decided to buy stuff for lunch I ended up going all-out. So after I worked out I cooked the chicken that I marinated in balsamic vinaigrette. I can already hear the food network calling for the recipe. The chicken was paired with a cheap bottle of bubbly white wine and fresh wheat bread. Hmmmm. . . .
Following lunch I became more Italian by participating in the siesta. I did some homework and was treated to Allen first real cooking experience; he cooked up some good hamburger patties from the grocery store downstairs. Later in the evening we headed over to one of the girls apartments for a little pre-party thing of sorts. A big group of us headed into town to experience the big night out here, Wednesday. The square was packed full of an usual combination of people, young and old. We hit up a bar called Tsunami, I enjoyed the décor while I sipped on a very minty Mojioto. The square was mostly empty on our way back to Darsina but littered with trash, pretty weird.
Thursday I slept in for a bit, ran, worked out for a bit and then eat breakfast. Tired to clean up a bit around the apartment. Sami and I headed into town extra early, planning on eating stopping and eating pizza. The first place was closed and we found a second place to stopped, ordered pizza and waited and waited and waited after 45 minutes of waiting and it being 10 minutes before class we left for class lunch-less. Class was a learning experience as always, I talked to Whitney for a bit on my back. Did homework, attended a little dinner party, finished homework and went to bed.
Friday I went to class, worked out, and then expected to eat my left over lunch from Wednesday. I quickly realized that my formerly green lettuce had turned to iceberg lettuce and not because it freakishly morphed but because the lettuce had frozen from over cooled refrigerator. I decided to put some warm water on the lettuce thinking it be better but the lettuce instantly changed to a spinach like mush. Living on top of a supermarket does have its advantages, 5 minutes and 15 Euro Cents later I was back in my room with a fresh head of lettuce, and yes that's 15 Cents. And then I did enjoy my salad and chicken. I then proceeded to waste away the afternoon on the internet, the first time in well over a week I didn't have to pay for it. For dinner Sami and I hit up the first pizzeria we wanted to go and thoroughly enjoyed it. We grabbed some gelato and we pedaled back to Darsina city. The night was over.
No comments:
Post a Comment