18 February 2008

More Riding

After taking most of the week off, I ventured out for a slow 2hrs on Friday. Saturday was a different story. Near perfect weather combined with the unexpected juncture with a group from Fort Collins left with a long ride.

Riding parallel to the mountains rocking out to my new audio book, Freakoncomics. I am burnt out on the unfulfilling NPR Talk of the Nation Podcast.

Riding perpendicular to the mountains with the fun, feverously fast group.

Berthoud.

I-25.

The day's damage.


Look at this gem of prized cycling memorabilia I found at the Foot Hills Flea Market in Fort Collins. Davis Phinney, the first American cyclist to be successful in Europe and the first American to win a stage of the Tour de France while riding for an American team. His son, Taylor, is fairly fast.

Proof is in the autograph. It is still lacking a rightful wall placement…maybe above the bed for inspiration…oh wait, they are bull horn there.

No comments: