05 February 2008

Riding and Buying, almost.

Wednesday was the first ride I did when snow was following from the heavens above. Look, exceptionally, closely.

Thursday night I made a quick trip to FoCo to the see the Tour Baby, Deux on the collegiate tour. Pretty cool stuff as film producer, Scott Coady was there to introduce and give back ground on the movie. If the tour stops closes to you, I would recommend going.


On Sunday Mike showed how Dana and I's Bear Training has paid off. He rode in cloudy, windy, 35 ° weather with only basket ball shorts on his legs. Thankfully he had a little hair to keep him warm. He was doing wind resistant training with that jacket.






In unrelated event I attempted to buy wine from Gordon's Discount Liquor Mart, at 2521 11th Ave and open from 8:00-23:00 Monday through Saturday but I am just guessing. Any who, I strolled past the unfavorful kegs of Keystone Light, 6-packs of New Belgians Fat Tire Amber Ale, the sugary Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix, and ever so classy handles of Mccormicks Vodka finally reaching my destination, the wine section. Picking up, a bottle of Yellow Tail Cabernet Sauvignon and a Sutter Home White Zinfandel. I walked straight to the cash register (there was not a line at 9:30a.m.), the cute flecked blonde clerk began ringing me up and ask for my ID. I spoke to her in an Italian accents, and explained how I was a foreign exchange student from Italy and that in my country the drinking age is 18. She made a rebuttal that I need to be 21 and show photographical proof of my age. Following an exchange of a few English and Italian curse words I irately left. I am now in the market for a fake ID and learning that reverse culture shock is a b*tch.

I am off to caucus. Ron Paul all the way, baby.

2 comments:

PELewisPE said...

Alex, you're never gonna get a bottle of booze by pretending you're 18-year-old Eurotrash.

Next time they ask for your ID, you let your jaw drop and you snarl back, "Nobody never asked me for no stinkin' ID when we wuz cleanin' out Fallujah!"

Sometimes a father can help.

Koch said...

I am going to have to agree that was a pretty weak attempt.
Your first mistake was going to Gordons, they card EVERYONE! You need to go to the little place by the old safeway on 11th, it is ran by a couple of middle-eastern individuals. While this location may lack the wide wine selection of Gordons, they are pretty relaxed in regard to following federal law.
You other option is to go to the little Italian joint across from the Rio down by the ice rink. You could probably give them your library card and they would accept that. Just tell them you forgot your ID at home. Finally Romas, it is a bit tougher, but all you do is go in, order a beer and then get back to your conversation with a friend. When they ask for your ID you give them your school ID and continue your conversation. Ultimately the inexperienced waiter will decline your school ID and rerequest your state issued ID, (this is key) when this happens you must become very loud and bang the table stating that your ordered a beer and ITS STILL NOT HERE! The waiter will run and fetch your beer to avoid any further conflict.
Good Luck