05 November 2007

Call me what you want.

I did it. I crater into Italian peer and not-so-peer pressure. I found it to be useful. You may wonder what "it" is. "It" is a man bag. Yes, I am now the proud owner of a man bag. Found in urbandictionary.com under other names: fag bag and man purse. I am sticking to man bag term. Feel free to vent your disappointment, question my sexual, write supportive words to my family and girlfriend, second guess my decision or renounce my American citizenship (actually, I plan on doing that). I will weather the storm of slander like a light house in a category five hurricane standing strong and proud.

I do not have any pictures of the bag in action, yet. This weekend on my adventure, where ever it may be, I will take a picture of me flaunt the man bag like a homeless guy rocking a Ermenegildo Zegna suit.

In other news, this purchase has caused my Italianness to surpass the thermosphere. In the near future I will renounce my American citizenship. Thus officially becoming a legal Italy citizen with the name Alessandro. Oh and I almost forgot, I spend the weekend in Vienna, it was an enjoyable change in culture, food, and language. I used to bag this weekend to alleviate my overstuffed pockets. I Plan on only using the bag on weekend trips but sometimes plans change . . .

(P.S. Any one can comment on this post by using the link just below here, please do.)

7 comments:

Sami said...

congratulations alessandro, you've got the haircut AND the bag, now you can check those off the second-day-in-ferrara-what-are-your-goals-while-in-italy list.

wdahms said...

Listen Sir, after checking out your link from urbandictionary.com I feel a little better about dating you, but not much. Hopefully your Italian Metro sexual tendencies die down once you reach the states.
PS thanks for telling us all about your wonderful time in Vienna!

Anonymous said...

alex i am okay with you having a Murse, just as long as you leave it in italy where it belongs.

Senior Administration Official said...

How's the language learning goin'?

Anonymous said...

haha a murse, awesome. Seriously though, we might have to have the closet talk pretty soon buddy.

A. Lewis said...

Brian,
I took a three week intensive Italian class just after arriving and, well, it was pretty intensive with class for nearly 3hrs. "Italian two" is slower but still fairly changeling.

Koch said...

I don't know how to feel... On the one hand I don't really know you and your personal sexual orientation. Where as on the other hand you are in Italy and you must assimilate. But honestly its a man bag. Do you really have that much stuff that your pockets are so overwhelmed that you seek an additional carrier. Perhaps you need to reconsider all of the crap you carry around. For example maybe you could leave your vagasil and tampons at home and you could just store your god-like oversized sunglasses on your head.