In Italy the students still have to attend school on Thanksgiving, surprised? Me, too. One of the home-stay student, Dave, and his home-stay mom organized a Thanksgiving celebration of sorts. She teaches at a language school that allowed her to host a Thanksgiving feast for CIEE students, nearly 30 of us, and an equal amount of her Italian language students, add in a few professors, adds up to grand total of about 70 people at my Thanksgiving feast. Who had more people than that at their house? Yeah. . I thought I told we do things big in Italy (see two post's below). Everyone was to bring a dish and donate to the unusual array of Thanksgiving food and typical Italian food. I took three bottles of red wine a vital ingredient of any Italian meal. The spread, photo curiosity of Katie Klimek:

Once the enormous pot of Turkey (I will have pictures tomorrow. These were not traditional American turkeys.) had been opened, everyone flocked like birds to the turkey, in typical Italian fashion lines are unused. I got my plate and sat down. This is not a typical Thanksgiving setting:
The second plate: Italian hospitality meets traditional American holiday.

Dessert was more American, with the Italian's favorite, chocolate chip cookies, fudge, pumpkin cheese cake and pumpkin pie.

All and all it was a enjoyable experience and a Thanksgiving that will soon not be forgotten.
2 comments:
Oh yeah? Well, I spent Thanksgiving with my ex-girlfriend and her mother. So, ha!
Oh Burn!
Post a Comment