28 November 2007

Just another week in Italy

Italian Turkey, on Thanksgiving: courtesy of Sami Scala:


Jay and I went to the Spal game, the Ferrara soccer team, on Sunday. We bought 10€ tickets, placing us behind the goal in a nearly sold out section (the game was not sold out). With very little breeze I experienced some of the worst second hand smoke since I have been here. My eyes felt like I had been making S’mores around a Rocky Mountain camp fire, my clothes smell like I was at an Irish pub drinking Guinness till sunrise, and, well, my lungs felt like I chain smoked five Camel Lights—Do not ask me how I know what that feels like.

I picked up my formerly chainless bike on Monday. Riding here has become nearly the same money pit that is in the states.

Black Bella: 70€

New silvery rear wheel: 30€

Yet to be named bike: 45€ (I got the home boii hook-up)

Big red lock: 12€

New chain: 25€

That’s 182€ or $268. 437, obviously the dollar has been dropping like a eight pound bowling ball out of the third story window. Thus I have spent marginally less than the aforementioned $268. 437.

I am going to Innsbruck, Austria tomorrow (Thursday) till Sunday. Do you know that means? Besides the obvious cultural difference, an inability to communicate, liters of Germany beer, and Bratwurst, I will get to rock my man bag allll weekend. Ciao.

4 comments:

Senior Administration Official said...

Inquiring minds want to know: What are bidets like?

A. Lewis said...

I am yet to use one. It sits in our bathroom taking up floor space and collecting dust. But when I do you will be the first to know, Brian.

Senior Administration Official said...

I was, er, asking for a friend. Sheesh.

Being European, I have used, like, thousands.

Sami said...

alex my dear, i was wondering if you could possibly make it so that my name in this post isn't a link to my blog cause it comes up in google searches and that makes me a little sad... i really am honored to be a feature of your blog though <3 thanks