Today we got a semi-early start heading to Murano, the glass producing island of the Laguna Veneta. After two hours of picky selection, negotiating and reconsidering, dad spent the rest of our vacation money on three stunning colorful pieces of real Murano glass. After lunch we visited the Palazzo Ducale, and the excessively touristy Basilican di San Marco. For dinner we visited a local pizzeria. I have met my pizza quota so I tried out a calzone for the first time in Italy:
A scoop of gelato and a glass of hot wine concluded the evening. Tomorrow we head to Ferrara for a night and the Florence for two.
For you "blog" readers this will become more of a journal to keep relatives updated over the ten days of travel. But when I return to the States expect for posts about reverse culture shock. " Stand in line. Say What!?" "Officer, What do you mean I cannot buy alcohol? I'm 20." "We are eating at 7:30. For reals?"
1 comment:
Hi Alex and All!
I love the picture of everyone at the restaurant. Great!
I'm here holding down the fort with Grandma and not doing much else while youse guys gallavant around Italy. More power to you!
Have fun and I'll check your blog often.
Love, Aunt Doris
Post a Comment