26 October 2007

My Escalating Italianness

My Italianness is rising quicker than moon bounded rocket. Last Friday night: bike stolen. Monday: a culture class midterm. Tuesday: Italian langue class. Wednesday: I spent Euros like they were Dollars. By the day's end I had a huge warm fur hooded-lined jacket, euro thigh gripping bistre colored jeans, a new bike and a pizza dinner. Thursday: besides that fact that I nearly lost my wallet, which really is not Italian. I had my language class, a paste making workshop what followed by an antipasto, that's appetizer for you not Italian cultured readers, and then a four course Italian dinner. Today: an Italian hair cut and shoes. My hair is short meaning I'll have to show my ID when I drink, keep in mind the drinking age in Italy is sixteen. If my Italianness counties at this pace, I will be forced to publicly renounce my United States citizenship and legally change my name to Alessandro.


The new bike. I'm still deciding on a name, she does not hold the same sexyness that Bella had but she was cheaper. She’s much more of working women: with two bags, a working headlight, and an umbrella holder, her only flaw is the long tube makes it a tricky to fit her in the elevator.



My linguini, chalk it up as a future recipe at, Alessandro Italian Kitchen.




I need to improve my technique: we were suppose to keep the egg inside the flour ring, oops.

Ciao.

No comments: