This is pretty dated but enjoy.
This week, 19/9-22/9, has been a roller coaster ride.
Ups: I visited the Maranello to see the Galleria Ferrari. The Galleria was small in size but rich in history and cars. I used one of the audio guides to get around and hear about the cars. Unforuntely there wasn't much reading. The Galleria included a exhibt about Cars, the animated movie, numersous engines and a pleathora of Formula 1 Cars, Ferrari's bread and butter. The Galleria was a great experience but lacking information and Ferrari. The Galleria had a very small Ferrari store but I went and found the large Ferrari store. The Ferrari store was impressive, with enough cash you could almost anything with Ferrari name on it, skateboards, jeans, earplugs, Segway, jeans, you name. I tried on a small shirt but it was equavllent to a Americans mens Large, damit. I ended up with 2 overpriced post cards from a "Authentic" Ferrari store next to the Galleria.
The first model produced under the Ferrari name plate:
The mini bike was much cooler:
I finished my 3 week ultra intensive Italian class, and I experience something that would never occur in the states. On my back from CLA I stopped at Bar Romi to get one of the tortillas rolled up with cheese and meat in them. After the owner warmed it up and ask for my money, I opened my wallet to find nothing. I quickly realized that I had cleaned myself out on Saturday. But the owner let me go with my 4.30 Euro food, telling me that I needed to pay his wife the next morning. His generosity and trust are qualities we have lost in the states. It's highly unlikely this would never happen in the states, especially since it was only my second time to see him. This is prime example of why I love Italy.
Downs: Bella broke, again, I was paid $325 with fraudulent funds, I found out a childhood friend has cancer he's been given 6 months, and the internet hardly worked all week. But that's just life. I'm in Italy how can I complain.
Ok, enough rambling.
No comments:
Post a Comment