14 October 2007

West Coast

I went to the west coast last weekend. Not this west coast:



But this west coast:



Jay I jumped on a 5:00 a.m. train out of Ferrara to Bologna, here's one of the first things we saw at the train station. . . Yeah. . . no caption necessary.





In Genoa or Genova for you not Italians out there in cyberspace. Jay and I first hit up the Acquarid di Genova it's suppose to be one of the largest in Europe. It was just like most aquariums nothing too entertain. Here an Italian shark, the difference between them and the American sharks is that they are chain smokers and sunglasses wearing but not overweight:



After the aquarium we aimless walked around Genoa using you map from the tourist bureau. We saw many of the important building they had marked on the map but we did not know what they were. We eat some awesome seafood for dinner, I should have taken pictures.


Saturday we got up early, awaking the six others in our hostel room durning our noisy destructive exit. We took the bus to the train station and took a train to Monterosso. As soon as we step of the train in Moterosso, I think realized what a magnificent day it was going to be.




Looking back at Montrosso:



Cinque Terre is five coastal villages in the province of La Spezia in the Liguria region of Italy. In the small towns we did kept it strictly business by only stopping eat lunch or have a couple of beers.



Before we reached the second town, Vernazza, Jay and I meet a New Yorker with American written all over him. Much to our delight it did put on this shirts was walked through the towns. We hiked the rest of the day with him, he was entertaining. The three of us enjoyed a pesto (local specialty) filled meal in Cornigilia. Our new AMERICAN friend:



Looking back at Corniglia



Just before Manarola we stripped down to our boxers and jumped into the water. Post swim:




In Manarola we had 2 large beers and continued our cake walk into Riomaggiore. Upon our arrival we grabbed some gelato and quick departed on the train back to Genoa, unfortunately, spending minimum time in Riomaggiore. We meet two aussie girls on the bus ride to the hostel and a guy in the hostel. We eat dinner with them. Little did I was going to guy a few days later.

No comments: